Offer No Longer Available
Be one of the first to read this book and consider ordering some extra copies for friends and family
Through a series of short stories that are by turns funny and poignant, Dr. Rosenthal will provide you with keys to handling adversity that will help you emerge stronger, happier, and more resilient.
Dr. Rosenthal will show you how to:
- Accept that the adversity has occurred
- Proportion your response according to the nature of the adversity
- Analyze the situation
- Regulate your physical and emotional state – for example, by keeping regular hours of sleeping and waking, eating regular meals, exercising and meditating
- Reach out for help – to family, friends or even kindly strangers
- Turn your predicament into a story – to help you process it
- Reframe the adversity – think about it in a different way
You will be at a huge advantage if you can reconsider the role of adversity in your life, finding the silver linings behind the clouds.
Receive these extraordinary FREE gifts (worth up to $732) when you order the book:
Register your order (to the right) and you’ll receive these free gifts.
The opportunity to obtain free Verilux® light therapy boxes – modern premium versions of the type originally used in Dr. Rosenthal’s pioneering research, as well as the chance to order these at greatly discounted rates.
Bonus Gifts 1
(Order 1 copy)
A. Order The Gift of Adversity, and attain instant access to the following value added gifts:
1) Dr. Rosenthal reads the Introduction to The Gift of Adversity (mp3)
2) Behind the scenes personal back-story and reflection on key chapters, from the author (mp3)
3) 5 Keys to Handling Adversity (pdf)
4) 7 Pearls of Wisdom, presented by Norman Rosenthal (pdf)
5) 15% discount on a Verilux® product of your choice
(Order 3 copies)
B. Order 3 copies for loved ones and/or friends and receive EVERYTHING in Bonus Gifts 1 PLUS:
1) Interview with Marci Schimoff – New York Times best-selling author
2) Interview with Dr. Pamela Peeke (mp3)
3) Interview with Chris Attwood (mp3)
4) Interview with Dr. Nancy Lonsdorf (mp3)
5) Ask Dr. Rosenthal an email question of special interest to you (length limited to 140 characters) and he will personally respond.
(Order 7 copies)
C. Order 7 copies for loved ones and/or friends and receive EVERYTHING in Bonus Gifts 2 PLUS:
1) Get 25% off any or all Verilux® products
2) Dr. Rosenthal’s best-seller Transcendence, as well as The Gift of Adversity both personally inscribed and signed by the author
(Order 20 copies)
D. Order 20 copies for friends and/or loved ones and receive EVERYTHING in Bonus Gifts 3 PLUS:
1) 25 minutes of one-on-one time with Dr. Rosenthal (via phone or Skype)
(Order 45 copies)
E. Order 45 copies for friends and/or loved ones and receive EVERYTHING:
Main Features in Bonus Gifts 5
– 45 minutes of one-on-one time with Dr. Rosenthal (via phone or Skype)
– Dr. Rosenthal’s best-seller “Transcendence,” as well as “The Gift of Adversity” both personally inscribed and signed by the author
1) Dr. Rosenthal Reads the Introduction to The Gift of Adversity
2) Behind the scenes personal back-story and reflection on key chapters (from the author)
3) 5 Keys to Handling Adversity (pdf)
4) You will automatically be entered to win a premium Verilux® light box (useful for those with depression, SAD, sleeping disorders, bulimia etc)
5) 7 Pearls of Wisdom in written form (pdf)
6) Interview with Marci Schimoff – New York Times best-selling author
7) Interview with Pamela Peeke (mp3)
8) Interview with Chris Attwood (mp3)
9) Interview with Nancy Lonsdorf (mp3)
10) Get 25% off any or all Verilux® products
11) Dr. Rosenthal’s best-seller Transcendence, as well as The Gift of Adversity both personally inscribed and signed by the author
12) 45 minutes of one-on-one time with Dr. Rosenthal (via phone or Skype)
Here’s what the experts are saying about The Gift of Adversity:
“Dr. Norm is a cosmonaut of consciousness, launching into the murky abyss and returning with meteoric treasures for us all. His writing on the value of adversity may come to be regarded by Alien archeologists as a Rosetta Stone in understanding how we advance as individuals and as a culture.” —Russell Brand, Actor
“Dr. Rosenthal presents an intriguing and inspiring work on the endless ‘blessings in disguise’ which shape our lives and our world. He shares frank personal experiences along with stories of others, including historical events on a global scale. He offers suggestions on how to navigate through rough patches in life and celebrates the resilience of the human spirit.” —Laura Dern, Actress
“A consummate observer of human nature, Rosenthal’s poignant, dramatic and always instructive vignettes are thought-provoking and irresistible, ever enticing to read “just one more,” and leaving us wiser, as if we’d lived many lifetimes in one, when the last page is turned. Read this book now to shortcut your path to life’s wisdom, and witness yourself growing quietly in compassion, acceptance, authenticity and genuine happiness, the gifts of adversity, and of a life well-lived, after all.”
– Nancy Lonsdorf, M.D., Integrative physician, speaker and author of The Ageless Woman, Natural Health and Beauty through Maharishi Ayurveda (MCD Century) and co-author, A Woman’s Best Medicine, Health, Happiness and Long Life through Maharishi Ayurveda (Tarcher/Penguin).
“In this timely and beautifully written work, renowned psychiatrist and best-selling author Norman Rosenthal tells intriguing stories that converge on an important theme–that many of life’s greatest lessons and joys aren’t the products of perfection, but the gifts of adversity. Each short chapter is its own delicious dish in a wonderful feast of a book.”
—Marci Shimoff, #1 NY Times bestselling author, Happy for No Reason, Love For No Reason, and Chicken Soup for the Woman’s Soul
This charming book joins deep insights from psychoanalysis to the humane wisdom of a life fully lived. Rosenthal captures both the complexity of our emotions and the pragmatics needed to harness them, and he does so with humor and grace.
—Andrew Solomon, Author of “Far From the Tree.”
The Gift of Adversity is a wonderful book. Dr Rosenthal, psychiatrist and humanist, vividly describes the pains and setbacks brought about by our actions or circumstance and how we can use them to give substance and meaning to our lives. The Gift of Adversity is an important gift in its own right.
—Kay Redfield Jamison PhD, author of An Unquiet Mind
I really loved Norman’s book—and I agree that adversity can be a great teacher and a great friend. —David Lynch, filmmaker
If you’ve ever wondered what a world-class psychiatrist really thinks when pondering his life journey, then read The Gift of Adversity. You’ll be treated to short and savory stories covering Dr. Norman Rosenthal’s extraordinary roller coaster ride from a young boy in South Africa, to an acclaimed physician and scientist. His wit and wisdom will captivate you as you learn the priceless lessons gifted to you from life’s challenges.
—Pam Peeke MD, MPH, FACP, Assistant Professor of Medicine U of MD, New York Times bestselling author of The Hunger Fix
[Video 3:05] The Gift of Adversity with Dr. Norman Rosenthal