The Washington Post reported on a survey by Kaiser Family Foundation of the distress among people on account of Covid. Just under half reported significant psychological stress.
People are afraid—there is a fear of the virus itself, fear for family members, fear of finances and more. There is uncertainty as to how long this is going to last, which results in the sense that life is out of control. All of this has led to a lot of anxiety, difficulty sleeping, and even sadness or depression. These are things that we have to contend with as a part of dealing with this pandemic. Because of this, I wanted to provide a list of resources below that I hope you or a loved one might find useful at this time.
- Seven Tell-Tale Signs of Depression in a Friend or Loved One
- Diagnosing your own Depression: Signs and Symptoms
- How to Stop Your Emotions from Controlling You
- 10 Steps: How to Manage My Anger
- 9 Simple Tips to Help You Manage Your Emotions
- 11 Tips for Greater Happiness
- How to Become an Emotional Detective: Methods Used to Uncover Basic Emotions